CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
This qualification reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Assistant Hostel Supervisor
- Care supervisor
- Care Team Leader
- Community Program Coordinator
- Day Activity Worker
- Personal care assistant
- Personal care giver
- Personal care worker
- Residential care officer
- Residential Care Worker
- Support Worker (Community Services)
To successfully complete this qualification students must complete 18 units of competency.
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client
- CHCAGE002 Implement falls prevention strategies
- CHCDIS004 Communicate using augmentative and alternative communication strategies.
- CHCDIS007 facilitate the empowerment of people with disability.
To successfully complete this qualification students must complete a mandatory 120 hour work placement.
Course requirements and recommendations
- National police check (must cover working with vulnerable people)
- comprehend, communicate and complete assessment tasks in English
- Have the ability to complete manual tasks including bending, pushing, pulling, lifting.
- Current influenza vaccination
- Covid-19 vaccination
Online and external options having a rolling start and can be enrolled into throughout the year.
Full fee – $3726
Higher Level Skills co-contribution fee – $450 non concessional / $360 concessional
National police check (if completed by HANMAC) $47.15
Student polo shirt – $38 per shirt
The Higher Level Skills program, funded by the Queensland Government, may be available for Queensland based students enrolling into this qualification. Eligibility criteria applies. For further information on the Higher Level Skills program including the eligibility criteria and the Queensland Governments Higher Level Skills fact sheet click here
Enrolling students must be existing workers in the Aged Care sector and hold CHC33015 Certificate III in individual Support or its superseded qualification to access funding for this qualification.
Register your interest in this course
To register your interest in this course complete the Expression of Interest form and return it to HANMAC in person or via [email protected]