CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support
(Ageing and Disability)
This qualification has been designed to assist students who are currently working or are seeking employment within the Aged Care and Disability Care settings to develop the important physical and cognitive skills required to successfully work within industry, develop meaningful professional relationships, provide person-centred support and meet the personal care needs of clients within these settings.
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
- Nurse’s aide
- Aged care worker
- Client Assistant
- Community access worker
- Community care worker
- Disability support worker
- Home care worker
- Respite worker / carer
- Residential Support worker
- Personal care assistant
To successfully complete this qualification students must complete 15 units of competency.
- CHCCCS031 Provide individualised support.
- CHCCCS038 Facilitate the empowerment of people receiving support.
- CHCCCS040 Support independence and wellbeing.
- CHCCCS041 Recognise healthy body systems.
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services.
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people.
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically.
- HLTINF006 Apply basic principles of infection prevention and control.
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care.
- CHCAGE011 Provide support to people living with dementia.
- CHCAGE013 Work effectively in aged care.
- CHCPAL003 Deliver care services using a palliative approach.
- CHCDIS011 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach.
- CHCDIS012 Support community participation and social inclusion.
- CHCDIS020 Work effectively in disability support.
To successfully complete this qualification students must complete a mandatory 120 hour work placement.
Course requirements and recommendations
- National police check (must cover working with vulnerable people)
- Working with children blue card – Disability only
- Comprehend, communicate and complete assessment tasks in English
- Have the ability to complete manual tasks including tasks that involve bending, pushing, pulling, lifting.
- current influenza vaccination
- COVID-19 vaccination
3 months in-class / 6 months external.
In-class dates can be found on the front page of this website.
External/online options have a rolling start and can be commenced throughout the year.
Full fee – $2475
Certificate 3 Guarantee co-contribution fee – $225 non concessional / $150 concessional
National police check (if completed by HANMAC) $47.15
Student polo shirt – $38 per shirt
The Certificate 3 Guarantee program, funded by the Queensland Government, may be available for Queensland based students enrolling into this qualification. Eligibility criteria applies. For further information on the Certificate 3 Guarantee program including the eligibility criteria and the Queensland Governments Certificate 3 Guarantee fact sheet click here
Register your interest in this course
To register your interest in this course complete the Expression of Interest form and return it to HANMAC in person or via [email protected]