AHC32816 Certificate III in Rural operations
This qualification has been designed to prepare students to work with and care for horses and maintain the environments that horses live and operate in. This qualification provides an occupational outcome in agriculture, horticulture and horse management.
To successfully complete this qualification students must complete 16 units of competency.
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to Work Health and Safety processes.
- AHCWRK309 Apply environmentally sustainable work practices.
- AHCLSK311 Implement feeding plans for livestock.
- AHCLSK331 Comply with industry animal welfare requirements.
- BSBOPS201 Work effectively in business environments.
- AHCLSK316 Prepare livestock for competition.
- BSBTEC202 Use digital technologies to communicate in the workplace.
- BSBPEF202 Plan and apply time management.
- AHCLSK342 Prepare animals for parturition.
- BSBWHS211 Contribute to the health and safety of self and others.
- AHCMER301 Process customer complaints.
- AHCWRK204 Work effectively in industry.
- RGRPSH401 Provide care and treatment of horses.
- RGRHBR304 Assess suitability of horses for specific use.
- BSBWRT311 Write simple documents.
- ACMEQU305 Implement a horse health program.
Students must be able to:
- Complete manual handling tasks including bending, pulling, pushing, reaching and lifting.
- Comprehend and communicate in, and complete assessment tasks in English.
- Commit to and meet set timeframes and complete studies outside of the classroom.
- Complete basic computer based tasks.
- In-Class (subject to number, group of 6 needed to commence).
- External paper based – self paced.
- In-class options – start date set once minimum group numbers met.
- External options – Rolling start and can be enrolled into throughout the year.
Full fee – $2640 (payments plan is available via negotiation with HANMAC).
Register your interest in this course
To register your interest in this course complete the Expression of Interest form and return it to HANMAC in person or via [email protected]